Its good being familiar enough with one's own trends to know why purchasing additional coverage on tech gadgets is non-essential when asked. I enjoy having the opportunity to enumerate them to unsuspecting sales people at checkout.
Having purchased items and their subsequent replacement items over the last 15 years:
- One place went out of business before the warranty expired
- I've had thermal receipts fade to the point of being unreadable
- I've forgotten which big box store I've purchased items from
- In-house databases have lost purchase records during software upgrades
- Change of address and forgotten phone numbers have rendered me ineligible
- 90% of my purchases which break down do so after extended warranty expiration anyway
- The remaining which fail do so within the manufacture's coverage
- Replacement items have been discontinued
- And online repositories are unable to merge two or more existing accounts!
Did I miss anything?